Symptoms of a blood clot | Prevention And Treatment of Blood Clots
What is a blood clot?
A blood clot is a clump of blood that has changed from a liquid to a gel-like or semisolid state. Clotting is a necessary process that can prevent you from losing too much blood in certain instances, such as when you’re injured or cut.
When a clot forms inside one of your veins, it won’t always dissolve on its own. This can be a very dangerous and even life-threatening situation.
Recognize Signs and Symptoms of Blood Clot:
There are several important signs and symptoms of blood clots. If you can recognize these signs and symptoms, you can save your life or the life of a friend or family member.
Symptoms of a Blood Clot in the Lung (Pulmonary Embolism or PE)
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain that worsens with a deep breath or lying down
- Coughing, or coughing up blood
- Faster than a normal or irregular heartbeat
Seek immediate attention if you experience these signs or symptoms.
Symptoms of a Blood Clot in the Leg or Arm (Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT)
- Pain or tenderness not caused by injury
- Skin that is warm to the touch
- Redness or discoloration of the skin
If you have these signs or symptoms of a Blood Clot, alert your doctor as soon as possible.
Prevent over Symptoms of Blood Clot:
- Know your risk for blood clots.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of blood clots.
- Tell your doctor if you have risk factors for blood clots.
- raising the legs 6 inches above the heart on occasion during bed rest
- Before any surgery, talk with your doctor about blood clots.
- wearing loose-fitting stockings, clothes, or socks.
- limiting salt in the diet as much as possible.
- See your doctor as soon as possible if you do have any symptoms of a blood clot. Blood clots can be safely treated.
- Get up and move if you’ve been sitting for a long time or traveling for a long time by plane, train, or car. Stand up, walk around, and stretch your legs every two to three hours.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Don’t smoke or take steps to quit smoking.
Treatment after finding Symptoms of a Blood Clot
Treating blood clots involves reducing the size of the clot and preventing new clots from forming.
Typical treatments for blood clots include:
- anticoagulant medications called blood thinners, which help prevent new clots and stop existing clots from growing
- thrombolytic therapy to dissolve clots
- compression stockings
- vena cava filters, which are small devices that a surgeon can insert into veins to prevent a clot from traveling to the lungs
If You Want To Get More Daily Jobs Updates, Career Advice Then Join the Telegram Group From Given Link And Never Miss Update.
Join Telegram Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2021 Batch: Click Here
Why You’re Not Getting Response From Recruiter?: Click here
How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here
Cognizant Latest News: Up To 20K+ Employees Will Be Hired: Click here
COVID-19 Live Tracker India & Coronavirus Live Update: Click here
Why Remove China Apps have taken down from Play store?: Click here
Feel Like Demotivated? Check Out our Motivation For You: Click here
List of Best Sites To Watch Free Movies Online in 2020: Click here
5 Proven Tips For How To Look Beautiful and Attractive: Click here