Ways To Find Peace of Mind and Inner Calm In Today’s Stressful Life
In today’s busy schedule we have actually lost our Peace of mind. We get so caught up in the complexities of our busy lives that it takes a toll on our minds. We are distanced from our nature. Every human has a limitless ocean of joy within. Love is present at the very core of our being. It is our very nature and meditation, the age-old practice of calming the mind is the way to repose in our true self.
Stress, Tension, negativity
While explaining stress management to an audience, the lecturer raised a glass of water and asked ‘How heavy is this glass of water?’
Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.
The lecturer replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that’s not a problem. I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you’ll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it’s the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
He continued, “And that’s the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won’t be able to carry on.”
“As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we’re refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.”
So what Is Peace of Mind?
Peace of mind is a state of mental and emotional calmness, with no worries, fears, or stress. In this state, the mind is quiet, and you experience a sense of happiness and freedom.
Such peaceful moments are not so rare. You have experienced them in the past, at times when you were engaged in some kind of an absorbing or interesting activity.
“When you have inner peace, then you automatically succeed in what you do. The more silent you are from inside, the more powerful your thoughts and actions become.”
~ Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Here are some factors That affect our inner peace i.e. Peace of Mind
- Engaging with toxic people. The people you surround yourself with affect the way you think, feel, and behave. …
- Excessive self-blame. …
- Chasing happiness. …
- Staying comfortable. …
- The victim mentality. …
- Trying to impress people. …
- The pursuit of perfection. …
- Right now, write down a list of five things you enjoy doing. For me, that’s cooking, gardening, reading a book, hanging with family, or hiking in the woods.
- The next time you engage in one of those activities focuses on your senses. What do you taste? How does your body feel? What do you hear? What do you smell?
- The moment you catch your mind drifting to the future, the past, or something unrelated to right now, catch yourself and direct your mind back to this moment. Anchor on your senses.
- If you have trouble sticking at this moment, try expressing your appreciation for the thing you are doing as a way to quiet your mind and focus on the now.
What is the key to Peace of mind?
The Answer is Meditation. Meditation is the best way to take deep rest and be alert at the same time. It is a skill that calms the mind and allows you to get in touch with your inner self. It is the precious inner peace that is derived by meditating, by sitting still with ourselves for few minutes. The result of meditation is precious – it takes us to our Self – that too in just a few minutes. Today, meditation is seen as an effective remedy to deal with the stresses of daily life. To address the conflict in our mind and in society too.
- We develop the ability to respond, not react
- We can still our mind
- We can act with awareness
- We can spread happiness and calm
- We can give peace a chance
Tips and Advice for Peace of Mind:
- Minimize the time you spend reading newspapers or watching the news on TV. Since most of the news is negative news, and you cannot do anything about them, why should you think about them and feel stressed and anxious?
- Stay away from negative conversations and from negative people. You don’t want their thoughts and words to sink into your subconscious mind and affect your moods and state of mind.
- Don’t hold grudges. Learn to forget and forgive. Nurturing ill feelings and grievances hurts you and causes a lack of sleep.
- Don’t be jealous of other people. Jealousy means that you have low self-esteem, and therefore, consider yourself inferior to other people. Jealousy and low self-esteem, often, lead to a lack of peace of mind.
- Accept what cannot be changed. This saves a lot of time, energy, and worry. Every day, we face numerous inconveniences, irritations, and situations that are beyond our control. If we can change them, that’s fine, but this is not always possible. We must learn to put up with such things and accept them cheerfully.
- Don’t dwell on the past. The past is not here anymore, so why think about it? Let bygones be gone. Forget the past and focus on the present moment. There is no need to evoke unpleasant memories and get immersed in them.
- Learn to be more patient and tolerant with family, friends, co-workers, employees, and everyone else.
- Don’t take everything too personally. A certain degree of emotional and mental detachment is very helpful. On many occasions, it would be useful to inject a certain measure of detachment and non-involvement. This would bring into your life more peace, harmony, and common sense.
- Learn to focus your mind. When you can focus your mind, you can more easily reject worries and anxieties, refuse to think negative thoughts, and reduce the constant chatter of your mind.
- Meditation is not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you have the time, and are willing to try it, even just a few minutes a day will make a difference in your life. You will become more peaceful, relaxed, and happy.
Most Important Tip: Just walk to a window, look outside, and take a single deep breath, focusing on the air going in and out of your lungs, and nothing else.
If You Want To Get More Daily Such Motivation & tips Then Join the Telegram Group From Given Link And Never Miss Update.
Join Telegram Group of Daily Jobs Updates for 2010-2023 Batch: Click Here
TCS Registration 2021 HackQuest Season 5 Campus Challenge: Click here
Accenture Hiring Freshers of Package 4.5 LPA Across India: Click here
Why You’re Not Getting Response From Recruiter?: Click here
Top 5 High Salary Jobs in India IT Sector 2020: Click here
How To Get a Job Easily: Professional Advice For Job Seekers: Click here
A Leadership Guide For How To Win Hearts and Minds: Click here
COVID-19 Live Tracker India & Coronavirus Live Update: Click here
Career Tips for Freshers: Top 7 Hacks To Land Your Target Job: Click here
Top 5 Best Indian Car Launches In December ahead: Click here
Feel Like Demotivated? Check Out our Motivation For You: Click here
Top 5 Best Mobile Tracking App in 2021 For Mobile & PC: Click here
5 Proven Tips For How To Look Beautiful and Attractive: Click here
Home Workouts During The Lockdown For Fitness Freaks: Click here
PUBG will be soon launched Registered as an Indian Company: Click here